Want to learn How To Check My Lost Voter ID Card Online, in the next few months, and everyone needs to participate.
Therefore, you need your Nigeria voter’s card to vote in any Nigerian election, including the Nigerian presidential election, which will take place in early 2023.
You now must prepare to vote in the 2023 general election. If you have lost your voter ID card, then it is very important to start looking for it now so that you will be able to participate in the coming election.
Many people have issues with their voter ID cards; some still need to collect their own, some have lost their own, and some are here to register as voters.
I will explain how you can check your lost Nigerian voter ID card online in this article.
How To Check My Lost Voter ID Card Online
- You must visit the portal for INEC to verify your voter ID card.
- It would be best to fill in the required fields under the INEC voters’ verification website.
- Immediately after filling in the required details, click the ‘Check Status’ icon.
- You will be able to see the details of the card you lost displayed across your screen.
How To Replace My Lost Voter ID Card Online
You must follow the steps below to reclaim your lost voter’s card online.
- It would help if you used the INEC Voter Registration Portal.
- One menu bar would be visible.
- You need to sign in or register.
- You must use your email address and password to log into your portal.
- You should register for a new account online if you don’t have one.
- Immediately after you have completed the procedures mentioned above, you will be sent to your home.
- Now click on the ‘Lost or Damaged PVC‘ icon.
- Click the ‘Request New Card‘ icon.
- The page will direct you to a page that is for the retrieval of the details you used for your voter registration.
- Now you need to search through the list of details for the INEC registration, and type in your first name, last name, and state.
- Immediately your information is presented tally with any of the record details; you find the necessary details displayed on your screen.
- Now you need to check through the displayed details to be sure that it’s yours.
Accept And Continue
- Click the “Accept” icon next to the declaration warning, then click the “Start Review” icon. You may decide not to click the “Accept” icon if the details are not yours. You shouldn’t click the “Accept” icon if you discover false information.
- You need to complete a few more essential fields.
- Before you upload a photo of yourself from your passport, it is very important to scan the image for clarity to prevent your application from being rejected. White background should be used when taking the picture as well.
- After completing each of the steps mentioned above, you may need to move on to complete the remaining steps physically. It would be simple for you to visit any INEC office in your area and ask for a new voter’s card.
This procedure allows you to reclaim your lost Nigerian voter ID card online without paying anyone. You can do this on your smartphone or laptop within 10 minutes. You will be able to complete the process if you understand how to do it properly.
Replacement Of Lost Or Damaged Voters Cards With INEC
A voter’s card is very important, and it is needed to participate in voting in all Nigerian elections. You need to register for a voter’s card so that there will be a free and fair election.
Likewise, you must possess a voter’s card so that you will be able to be accredited and allowed to vote during an election. The card identifies the voter. The Presiding Officer or his Assistant can easily check the voters’ names.
So a person must keep his voter’s card safe to prevent loss or damage.
If you have lost your voter’s card or if it is damaged, the Independent National Electoral Commission can replace them.
- The voter needs to apply in person to any of the Electoral Officers or officers duly authorized for that purpose by the Resident Electoral Commissioner.
- The voter’s ID card replacement application shall be at least 30 days before an election.
- You need to state the circumstances of the loss or damage.
- Now you shall be issued another copy of his original voter card.
- The word “DUPLICATE” will be marked or printed on it.
- The date of issue of your new voter’s card will also be printed on the card.
Did I need to pay before I could replace my Nigerian voter’s ID card?
You can pay someone before you replace your lost Nigerian voter ID card. It is completely free. You need to visit the INEC website so that you will be able to submit all the necessary information and follow the necessary procedure to replace your Nigeria voter’s ID card for free.
With your internet connection and smartphone or laptop, you will be able to complete the process within 20 minutes.
What is the full meaning of PVC in Nigeria?
PVC means Permanent Voters Card. It is issued as a card empowering Nigerians to vote during electoral polls.
Can I use a voter’s card to open a bank account?
According to Mahmood Yakubu, chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), permanent voter cards are unavailable or needed to open Nigerian bank accounts.
Can I apply for a duplicate voter ID card online?
Yes, you can apply for a duplicate Nigerian voter card online with the instructions in this article.
All you need to do is visit Nigeria’s independent national electoral commission and follow all the necessary instructions to replace your Nigerian voter ID card.